A blender is a very useful kitchen appliance that can quickly puree foods opening our doors to a wider meal options which we could not have even dreamed of without a blender. Smoothies, milkshakes, dips, dressings, nut butter are all very easily possible if you have a blender in the house. However, in order to keep it functioning properly and to get the most out of your countertop blender, you need to follow some tips. Here they are:
- Unless the instruction manual says that the blender can crush ice for smoothies, assume that it is only suitable for processing soft foods. Blenders that can crush ice have a strong motor and specifically designed blades. If you use a blender to crush ice or other hard foods when it does not come with these capabilities, you could damage its motor or the blades.
- Do not let the blender run for a long time without any breaks. This action could wear down its motors. If you are performing a task which calls for the blender to process for a long time for example preparation of nut butter with your blender, you should turn the blender off at intervals.
- Even if the lid fits properly, it is always a good idea to hold it down while the blender is running. This action will prevent the lid from coming off and any possibility of food splattering into the surroundings especially when blending at high speeds.
- Do not fill the blender completely. Leave some space for the food to expand upon being blended. The general rule is not to fill the blender jar beyond two-third its capacity. If the recipe calls for greater measurements, blend in batches.
- First add the liquids, and then the remaining ingredients. This will help blend the ingredients more easily and faster.
- Don’t add large pieces of ingredients. Cut fruits and vegetables into smaller pieces to help blend them faster and without overworking the motor. If you want to get your hands on high power and best blender, I am sure you will love BlenderReviews as they provides in depth analysis and reviews.
- Clean the blender jar and lid immediately after use to prevent the food from drying in it. The easiest way to clean it is to add some soapy water to the jar and let it run with the lid on for a couple of seconds. Rinse it thoroughly.
- Never immerse the blender base in water. To clean it, simply wipe it with a damp cloth.